Tuesday, April 3, 2012

About Luv Nots by: Andi

All the cards that I create include a bible verse on the inner flap. It is descreet and out of the way so that you can still include your own personal message to the special person you are sending your greeting. I started doing this so that we can encourage each other and remind each other of God's promises. And there is always good in spreading the word of the Lord.
Things are always changing with the styles of cards. I get bored really easily so I change the style often and am constantly trying to come up with something new that will grab the eye. I am often told that I have a quick eye for color coordination and placement. I just do what comes naturally and don't really think too much about what I am doing. At first when I started I was so "particular" about the paper being perfect and the matching of things took me soooooo long. Now I have come to realize that there are no mistakes in card-making and scrapbooking. Just 'boo-boo's' that sometimes need to be covered. I also am beyond a "scrap" saver. I use all the scraps from all the cards I create to create more things. I save the tiniest piece of paper and later use it for a corner or some other type of embellishment. I save all kinds of money doing this also, but I just see a need for things later. I even save those fine long strands of paper that you cut off of the card when it exceeds the length of the card....I use them for flower stems. I really can find a use for all sorts of paper scraps. I am told I take scrapbooking to the letter. But I am not rich and cannot afford it if I dont do it the way I have found!
I have recently also created little scrapbook album/journals for little girls. Most boys dont really like this kind of thing, but they can always be created for them also. I will set up a post for those when I get pictures taken. I have made two that are 8" x 8" one for my dad and the other for my mother-in-law. Of their grandson of course. And then I made about four of the 4" x 4" so far for some little girls at my church and a few for a friend of mine's daughters. I know people already make these things, but they are unique in that they are already made to be journaled and photo'd by the person. So they are all embellished up and ready to start adding pictures and messages the moment you put it in their hand. I am investing in the binding machine in order to make them easier because right now I feel like my hand will fall off if I have to hole punch another album LOL. It really does take a lot of work though and for such a little reward at the moment. Because after I punch it and hurt for a few hours...then I can start adding the papers and stickers and ribbons and whatnot!! So binding machine....you are a must! Maybe in the future I can go into detail on how I make a few things for people to get an idea. I just feel like everyone is already doing this. I really wish that I could be picked to be on someone's design team. That would be fabulous......getting to do what I love and getting paid to do it....Hello Dream Job!!
Ok Goodnight for now. I have a two year old that will be up in no time!

No comments:

Post a Comment